Provincial Website

  Province of Ilocos Sur Website

Public Service Announcements

View All

Calendar of Activities

prev

next
  • S
  • M
  • T
  • W
  • T
  • F
  • S

Quick Links



Gallery


Advertisements

Ads Space here

Baracbac

Barangay Officials

Chairman ROMEO D. AGUILAR
Kagawads

ROMEO L. ALMAZAN

JESUS S. ABUNDO JR.

CESARIO B. ARIOLA SR.

PRUDENCIO D. AGUILAR JR.

RUBEN B. PIMIENTA

CAREN JOY L. FARIŇAS

AGUSTIN L. ALMAZAN

Secretary ERIC A. AGUILAR
Treasurer CLAIRE SALLY A. SAGUN
Health workers

NENITA ALMAZAN

FLORENCE GABOY

CLARITA AGUILAR

JOSEPHINE STABILLO

TERESITA VILLEGAS

Nutritions scholar RICARDO GABALDON
Day Care worker MELINDA PAGAYATAN
Tanods

REYNALDO ULPINDO                   –           CHIEF TANOD

NESTOR AGUILAR                         –           MEMBER

CESAR ARIOLA JR.                         –           MEMBER

LARRY AGUILAR                            –           MEMBER

OSCAR DEL ROSARIO                   –           MEMBER

EDDEI LEMI                                      –           MEMBER

ALEX LAMARCA                             –           MEMBER

ROLANDO ARIOLA SR.                –           MEMBER

RODEL SORIANO                           –           MEMBER

NESTOR SUNI                                 –           MEMBER

As of June 30 2016

 

 

Total number of population

-995

 

Total number of male

-517

 

Total number of female

-478

 

Total number of families

-304

 

Total number of households

-218

BARANGAY HISTORY

DURING THE SPANISH REGIME, THIS BARANGAY HAVE SO MANY HORSE RADISH PLANTS OR THE SO CALLED MALUNGGAY. AT THAT TIME, THE SAID PLANT HAVE MANY YELLOW LEAVES, FOR THE NATIVES OF THIS BARANGAY, THEY CALLED IT “BARAKUBAK”. SO, AT THAT TIME, THE SPANIARDS ASKED THE PEOPLE OF THIS BARANGAY IF WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PLACE IN WHICH A PERSON MISUNDERSTOOD WHAT THE SAPANIARDS WERE ASKING, THEN HE REPLIED “BARAKUBAK” IN WHICH HE KNEW WAS THEY ARE ASKING ABOUT THE YELLOW LEAVES OF THE MALUNGGAY PLANT.
BARANGAY BARACBAC IS ONE OF THE FORTY THREE (43) BARANGAYS COMPRISING THE MUNICIPALITY OF TAGUDIN. IT IS LOCATED AT THE CENTER OF FOUR BARANGAYS, AT THE SOUTH IS BARANGAY BORONO, AT THE NORTH IS BARANGAY BECQUES, AT THE WEST IS BARANGAY TAMPUGO, AND AT THE EAST IS BARANGAY BARINGCUCURONG (SUYO, ILOCOS SUR). IT HAS 48.8801 HECTARES AS THE LAND AREA. IT IS 6.853 KM AWAY FROM THE TOWN PROPER, 93.3 KM AWAY FROM THE PROVINCE CAPITOL (VIGAN CITY) AND 1 KM AWAY FROM THE NATIONAL ROAD. BARANGAY BARACBAC IS AN AGRICULTURAL BARANGAY, 75% IS AN AGRICULTURAL LAND AND 25% IS RESIDENTIAL. AS OF JUNE 30, 2016, THE TOTAL POPULATION IS 995 (478-FEMALE, 517-MALE), 99% ARE CATHOLIC AND THE REMAINING 1% PERCENT IS OTHER RELIGION. THE MAIN LIVELIHOOD OF THE RESIDENTS IS FARMING, SOME ARE ENGAGE IN THE BUSINESS SECTOR, FEW ARE PROFESSIONALS, AND SOME ARE OVERSEAS FILIPINO WORKERS. BARANGAY BARACBAC CELEBRATES ITS ANNUAL FIESTA EVERY 26th AND 27th OF APRIL IN HONOR OF OUR PATRON SAINT (SAN ISIDRO). DURING FIESTA WE ARE CONDUCTING DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES SUCH AS CORONATION NIGHT, PARLOR GAMES, BASKETBALL AND VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT AND BARANGAY MASS.